Senior Corporate Communication Specialist
If you are looking to accelerate your corporate communication career working with Brisbane’s best team and clients, this is a unique opportunity. Cole Lawson is recruiting a senior corporate communication specialist to guide an established portfolio of local and international corporates through mergers, media and change campaigns, and reputational issues.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, this key role will be rewarded with senior access to clients, generous remuneration and working conditions, and an outstanding and supportive team.
With demonstrated experience in consulting or in-house corporate communications, you will be confident working at CEO and board level, and alongside other advisers. You will develop and execute exceptional external and internal communication strategies for impactful and interesting projects while mentoring and developing the careers of two talented direct reports.
While our priority is finding a qualified candidate who adds to our positive team culture, experience and interest in any one of the following areas or industries would be a bonus: finance, aviation, hotels, resources, education, and M&A.
If you progress to interview, you will be able to show a portfolio of quality corporate communication plans and assets that demonstrate your ability in writing and strategy.
Our work and clients
At Cole Lawson, we take great pride in our team and our work. That has put us in the top tier of corporate communication agencies for nearly 15 years. Our most recent accolade was the PRIA’s platinum national award in 2020 for the P&N Bank-bcu merger. More recently, we have supported an international team with a listing on the Nasdaq, and are currently working on one of Queensland’s largest finance industry mergers.
We treat every new project as an opportunity to produce outstanding work and make a measurable difference.
Working at Cole Lawson, you become part of a team where we prioritise and invest in our people. We offer:
- an agency with an outstanding culture, reputation and history of success
- interesting, engaging and career-defining work
- a full, integrated team, including corporate, design and consumer specialisations
- unlimited career progression
- a pet-friendly office in the James St precinct
- generosity and flexibility in working conditions and remuneration (including PT/family friendly hours and partial working from home).
Please call 07 3221 2220 for a confidential conversation. Or apply by addressing your application to Managing Director Margaret Lawson by 30 April, 2022. To be considered, you must submit:
- your CV; and
- a cover letter outlining your relevant experience, skills and desired salary.
Applicants who send a generic CV with no cover letter will not be considered.
Who are we?
We are part of the Cole Lawson Group, which also has service offerings in consumer marketing, PR, and corporate affairs. Together, our purpose is to create stories and connections that drive valuable outcomes for our clients.
We pride ourselves on being open, collaborative and having the hustle to deliver amazing work that helps amplify local and national brands’ potential. We work closely with our clients to create solid briefs that allow us to deliver accurate artwork and design that is far beyond our clients’ expectations.
As our web developer you will have…
- A healthy obsession with clean code and development methodologies
- At least four years delivering quality websites on schedule and to tight deadlines
- Experience working within a fast-paced and agile environment
- Great attention to detail and a passion for communicating and collaborating with clients and their entire team
- A curiosity for current development trends and technologies and ability to recommend and add value to client work and the agency
- An interest in graphic design and eagerness to learn in this area
- The passion to further improve efficiencies and profitability of web-related services to onboard new developers and enhance our service offering.
What you’ll do:
Day to day, you will:
- Work with a team of creatives on a variety of ambitious clients in the B2C and B2B spaces
- Lead the relationship between client and agency across all things web development and some design projects and retainer clients, while also providing weekly status updates to the internal team on deliverables, performance and solutions
- Work in unison with team leaders, account managers and the design team, ensuring web development investments are integrated with other communication services
- Create sitemaps, review website data (GA, Hot Jar), create information architecture, key messages and wireframes
- Migrate from local/ development environment to staging/ QA environment or staging/ QA to live environment (incl. DNS management)
- Configure sites, monitor and perform ongoing maintenance for existing clients
- Convert designs from working files and integrate WordPress functionality into converted HTML, ensuring structure adheres to SEO fundamentals
- Assist in proposal development and quotes to help the agency win new business
- Be part of a respected agency family that is hard working and diligent, but always celebrates and has fun.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Strong experience in PHP and MySQL
- Highly experienced building open-source CMS solutions using WordPress
- Experience building e-commerce and online transaction products including the use of at least two platforms out of WooCommerce, Shopify, Big Commerce and Magento, and experience with payment gateway connectivity.
- HTML5 / CSS3
- Electronic Direct Mail development and integration skills with third party systems e.g. Vision6, Campaign Monitor, Mail Chimp
- SEO Experience to not only optimise the sites you build, but also incorporate techniques to drive traffic to them
- Ability to build custom CMS solutions eg. Custom WordPress themes and plugins
- Good problem-solving skills
- Experience integrating with REST APIs
- Experience with FTP, cPanel and migrating sites
Required Design Skills:
- Design skills including the use of Adobe Photoshop in order to manipulate and cut up the supplied site design
- Basic Adobe InDesign skills for taking on additional layout and document flow work in down periods
What you’ll get:
- Established network of local and national clients who are ambitious, forward-thinking and smart
- A considered and strategic long-term career plan with quarterly check-in points and daily mentoring
- Great company culture driven by honest values and backed by a team that revolves around richness in contribution, chasing constant improvement, helping each other succeed, and having fun doing what we love
- The perks, like complimentary daily breakfast, team SkillsLab training sessions, a long-term performance development plan, networking events, Friday drinks trolley and work-life balance
- This role is eligible for performance and business development bonuses
- Great location. We’re located just off James Street — a stone’s throw from Brisbane’s top shops, restaurants and bars.