Who are we?
We are part of the Cole Lawson Group, which also has service offerings in consumer marketing, PR, and corporate affairs. Together, our purpose is to create stories and connections that drive valuable outcomes for our clients.
We pride ourselves on being open, collaborative and having the hustle to deliver amazing work that helps amplify local and national brands’ potential. We work closely with our clients to create solid briefs that allow us to deliver accurate artwork and design that is far beyond our clients’ expectations.
As our web developer you will have…
- A healthy obsession with clean code and development methodologies
- At least four years delivering quality websites on schedule and to tight deadlines
- Experience working within a fast-paced and agile environment
- Great attention to detail and a passion for communicating and collaborating with clients and their entire team
- A curiosity for current development trends and technologies and ability to recommend and add value to client work and the agency
- An interest in graphic design and eagerness to learn in this area
- The passion to further improve efficiencies and profitability of web-related services to onboard new developers and enhance our service offering.
What you’ll do:
Day to day, you will:
- Work with a team of creatives on a variety of ambitious clients in the B2C and B2B spaces
- Lead the relationship between client and agency across all things web development and some design projects and retainer clients, while also providing weekly status updates to the internal team on deliverables, performance and solutions
- Work in unison with team leaders, account managers and the design team, ensuring web development investments are integrated with other communication services
- Create sitemaps, review website data (GA, Hot Jar), create information architecture, key messages and wireframes
- Migrate from local/ development environment to staging/ QA environment or staging/ QA to live environment (incl. DNS management)
- Configure sites, monitor and perform ongoing maintenance for existing clients
- Convert designs from working files and integrate WordPress functionality into converted HTML, ensuring structure adheres to SEO fundamentals
- Assist in proposal development and quotes to help the agency win new business
- Be part of a respected agency family that is hard working and diligent, but always celebrates and has fun.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Strong experience in PHP and MySQL
- Highly experienced building open-source CMS solutions using WordPress
- Experience building e-commerce and online transaction products including the use of at least two platforms out of WooCommerce, Shopify, Big Commerce and Magento, and experience with payment gateway connectivity.
- HTML5 / CSS3
- Electronic Direct Mail development and integration skills with third party systems e.g. Vision6, Campaign Monitor, Mail Chimp
- SEO Experience to not only optimise the sites you build, but also incorporate techniques to drive traffic to them
- Ability to build custom CMS solutions eg. Custom WordPress themes and plugins
- Good problem-solving skills
- Experience integrating with REST APIs
- Experience with FTP, cPanel and migrating sites
Required Design Skills:
- Design skills including the use of Adobe Photoshop in order to manipulate and cut up the supplied site design
- Basic Adobe InDesign skills for taking on additional layout and document flow work in down periods
What you’ll get:
- Established network of local and national clients who are ambitious, forward-thinking and smart
- A considered and strategic long-term career plan with quarterly check-in points and daily mentoring
- Great company culture driven by honest values and backed by a team that revolves around richness in contribution, chasing constant improvement, helping each other succeed, and having fun doing what we love
- The perks, like complimentary daily breakfast, team SkillsLab training sessions, a long-term performance development plan, networking events, Friday drinks trolley and work-life balance
- This role is eligible for performance and business development bonuses
- Great location. We’re located just off James Street — a stone’s throw from Brisbane’s top shops, restaurants and bars.